Friday, October 7th:
– Cruise-in spanning all of Centertown Bedford (5:30-8:30)
– Live music and dancing in the intersection of Bridge and Main Streets under the traffic lights (7:00-9:30)
– Pop-up Movie in the Farmers Market Pavilion (7:30-9:30)
– All food provided by local Bedford restaurants
Saturday, October 8th:
– Over 100 street vendors providing various arts, crafts, and food
– Children’s Area with rides and games
– Artisan Village
– Police Safety show
– Live music all day and an evening concert
– Beer garden
Interested in being a vendor? Visit the Vendor Page for more information.
Bedford Main Street’s signature event, Centerfest, has been running annually for over thirty years. Spanning over four blocks and drawing crowds of over 10,000 it is an event for the entire family.
Attractions at Centerfest include over a hundred vendors and organizations providing various crafts, art, and information. Local merchants have sidewalk sales to attract customers and for the last few years the Bedford Police Department has been holding a “Safety Day” at the festival. Part of this exhibit includes police vehicles and fire and rescue trucks along with safety displays and car-seat safety checks. Over twenty vehicles were on display last year!
Centerfest is one of the largest community festivals in the Mid-Atlantic featuring handmade items from across the country, live music, churches, charities, political organizations and tons of great food. Past festivals have included Polish and Italian sausage, blooming onions, turkey legs, and of course funnel cakes provided by family owned businesses and restaurants such as the Texas Tavern and Fat Daddy’s BBQ.
What family festival would be complete without fun for the kids? Activities include pony rides, face painting, a a variety of rides and games!
Past Centerfest Posters and Pictures