September 28, 2015
Dear Centerfest Vendor,
Thank you for being part of CENTERFEST, one of Virginia’s largest outdoor street festivals. Vendors are central to the festival’s success, so we are grateful for your participation and the rich variety and quality of offerings for 2015 festival. Please know that we are here to assist you in any way that we can. Do not hesitate to contact us if you have questions or concerns.
Please take some time to look over the attached map and note both the changes in the footprint within Centertown Bedford and your location within the festival. The festival committee has worked for nearly a year on the changes to facilitate better flow and to encourage visitors to spend the whole day at Centerfest.
Please take some time to review the vendor guidelines that were part of the contract you submitted. A couple of highlights we would like to note …
- Vendors can set-up between 6:00 and 9:00 AM
- All vehicles must be off the streets by 9:00 and vendors should be ready to serve/sell by 10:00AM
- If you have requested electrical service, note that all electrical service is 20 amp /regular 3 prong household outlet … please notify us if this is not sufficient for your needs
- If you have requested electrical service please bring at least 25 feet of extension cords if you are a non-food vendor and 50 feet (60 is better) if you are a food vendor. We will NOT provide extension cords for any vendors this year, no exceptions.
- We are not providing change or ice for vendors this year. Please bring adequate change for the entire day.
Please note the location of your vendor placement on the map and use the following entrances for set-up and then head toward South Bridge Street to exit after setting up your booth.
- Main Street Vendors … use W. Main Street Entrance (US 460/221)
- Bridge Street Vendors … use N. Bridge Street Entrance (US 122/221)
- Depot Street and Art Village Vendors … use N. Bridge Street Entrance (US 122/221) and turn left down Depot Street or use E. Main Street Entrance (US 460)and turn right on Court Street
- Main Street Vendors … use E. Main Street Entrance (US 460)
We are excited about the changes and the growth of the festival. We are glad you will be a part of this year’s celebration. Again, do not hesitate to contact us if you have questions or concerns.
Additional Vendor Guidelines:
- Generally vendor placement is “first come first served”. However, Centerfest staff reserves the right to place vendors to ensure overall unity and flow of the festival. Please feel free to contact the event manager if you have special needs or requests. Staff and volunteers value the role vendors play in the success of Centerfest and are present and ready to assist before and throughout the festival. Thank you for wanting to part of this amazing event.
- The festival runs from 10:00am to 6:00pm … rain or shine. Set up begins at 6:00am and all vehicles must be off the streets by 9:00am. No vehicles are allowed back on the festival site until 6:00pm.
- Bedford Main Street, Inc. reserves the right to amend or cancel advertised hours due to weather or other emergencies. All fees are non-refundable.
- Friday night vendors will have to tear down and reset on Saturday if they choose to participate in events both days. Setup for Friday is 5:00 PM to be in place by 6:00 PM.
- Participant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the City/Town of Bedford, Bedford Centerfest, Bedford Main St., Inc. and their respective officers, agents, members, and employees and any sponsoring organizations and underwriters, individually or collectively from all fines, penalties, liabilities, losses, claims, damages, and expenses, including court costs and attorney’s fees, incurred or suffered as a result of or relating to sales of his/her products or his/her participation in the festival.