The Bedford Beautification Award was formerly known as the Building Improvement Award. The board of directors changed the name and purpose of the award in January 2016 to be more inclusive of public and private renovations to buildings and outdoor spaces.
Anyone who owns or manages space in the Bedford Main Street district and who conducts renovation, rehabilitation, and/or beautification to their space is eligible for the award. Awards are presented monthly at Bedford Town Council meetings. To nominate a property owner/manager, contact the Bedford Main Street office at 540-586-2148 or email@example.com.
Previous winners are:
- The Bower Center (July 2016)
- The Elks Lodge #2844 (June 2016)
- Michael and Lauren Siehien, Azul Restaurant (February 2016)
- Carl McDilda, 208 and 210 West Depot Street (July 2015)
- Gary Belt, 201/203 North Bridge Street and 108 North Bridge Street (July 2015)